Amit Panghal Boxer’s Makes Indian boxing history
Amit Panghal, just 13 then, used to train in an open field in village myna in Rohtak. It has been a long journey for Panghal from there to Ekaterinburg, Russia. Where on Friday the 23-year-old becomes the first Indian male boxer to enter the final of the World Boxing Championships. Amit Panghal Boxer Championships.
Some Details about Amit Panghal
Panghal dominated the 52kg semi against Kazakhstan Saken Bibossinov, though the scoreline 3-2 did not reflect that. A Silver is now ensured, which will be a first for India Before this edition. Indians had four bronze medals. Manish Kaushik added one more bronze on Friday after losing his semi-final.
Amit Panghal First Indian male boxer to enter the finals of the World Boxing Championships.
In boxing, it’s about the obsession of getting the most from yourself wanting to dominate the world like a hungry young lion. Panghal tweeted after winning his semi-final fight on Friday.
Going by the way Amit Panghal has fought in this tournament the chances of him becoming the first Indian world champion in boxing are bright. He will be up against Rio Olympics gold Medallist Shakhobidin Zoirov of Uzbekistan, who defeated France’s billal Bennama in the semi-final.
Amit Panghal Boxer Championships say that after his Victory
- I am very happy that for the first time we have won two medals and it is the most successful world championships for India. Tomorrow I will go for the gold.
- It tried to be aggressive and hist more punches and come out or stay very close to him.
- Amit Panghal played a smart counter-attacking game, stepping back and waiting for Bibossinov to attack. When the punch came in Panghal slipped under or waved through. Simultaneously taking a big stride some time almost a leaping lunge forward. Into Bibossinov’s territory, throwing sharp and accurate punch up towards his opponent’s head.
- I like to attack the face because it helps in clear scoreing. Amit Planghal says Who simply stepped up the aggression in the second and third rounds.
- The first round was difficult for Amit. His opponent had a longer reach and it was only toward the end fo the first round that Amit got going once he high-performance director Santiago Nieva.
- He won the second round and in the third round he threw some very good punches.
- I make Amit Panghal in World Championships Make history
- He has not played Zoirov before but Amit is smart and we will watch videos tonight and plan our strategy. ‘Nieva added’.
- The way Panghal hs competed in the higher 52kg after a change of class from 49kg earlier this year had impressed. Nieva to the extent that be called the final on Sunday “a potential final clash of the Tokyo Olympics.”
- He wins Asian championships gold medal in April.