Yuvraj Singh is a former Indian Cricketer, Who played in all forms of the game. An all rounder who bats left-handed in the middle order and bowls slow left arm orthodox, Yuvraj is the son of former Indian fast bowler and Punjabi actor Yograj Singh. One of the greatest limited over players to play fro india.
Yuvraj Singh has 8701 runs and 111 wickets to his name in ODIs, with 1177 runs and 28 wickets in T20s. He was particularly noted for his hitting of the ball and his fielding. Yuvraj was a member of the Indian cricket team in One Day Internationals (ODIs) Between 2000 to 2017 and played his first Test match October 2003. He was the vice captain of the Indian ODI team Between 2007-2008. He was the man of the Tournament in the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup and one of the top performers at the 2007 ICC World Twenty20, both of which India won.
In a match against England at the 2007 world Twenty20, he famously hit six sixes in one over bowled by Stuart Broad a feat performed only three times previously in any form of senior cricket, and never in an international match between two Test Cricket teams In the same match, he set the record for the fastest fifty in Twenty20 International and in all Twenty20 cricket, reaching 50 runs in 12 balls. During the 2011 World Cup, he became the first player to take a 5-wicket haul and score a 50 in the same World cup Match.
Yuvraj Singh Life information
|Nickname||Yuvi, Sixer King, Yuvi Pajji|
|Bowling||Slow left-arm orthodox|
Yuvraj Singh Life Career statistics
|5 wickets in innings||0||1||0||1|
|10 wicketws in innings||0||0||0||0|
Yuvraj singh life in IPL
- Yuvraj singh was the icon player and captain for Indian Premier Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kings XI Punjab in the first two seasons; in 2010, the third season, icon player status was discontinued and the captaincy given to Kumar Sangakkara. t On 1 May 2009, Yuvraj registered his first hat-trick in T20 cricket against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Kingsmead in Durban, the same ground where he hit his six sixes. He dismissed Robin Uthappa, Mark Boucher and Jacques Kallis. On 17 May 2009, Yuvraj took his second Twenty20 hat-trick against Deccan Chargers at the Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg. Yuvraj dismissed Herschelle Gibbs, Andrew Symonds and Venugopal Rao.
- The Pune Warriors were a new team introduced for the 2011 IPL. Yuvraj Singh was bought by the team and chosen as captain. Pune Warriors finished ninth, ahead of only the Delhi Daredevils. From 14 matches, Yuvraj scored 343 runs at an average of 34.30, including two half-centuries.
- Yuvraj made a good comeback in the IPL auction of 2014 and was bought by Delhi Daredevils for Rs 14 crore. In the 2015, the Royal Challengers Bangalore bought Yuvraj for an all-time high price of ₹16 crore making him the most expensive player ever to be sold in the IPL.
Yuvraj Singh Life Career statistics in IPL
|Batting and Fielding||Mat||No||Runs||HS||Ave||BF||RS||100/50||4s||6s||CT||ST|
Yuvraj singh Life Time Achievements
- In a 2007 ICC World Twenty20 match, he hit six sixes in a single over.
- He score fastest T20 fifty in 12 balls during the 2007 ICC World Twenty 20
- He became the first all-rounder to score 300 plus runs and to take 15 wickets in a single World Cup in 2011
- He was the Man of the Tournament in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
- He was awarded with the Arjuna Award (India’s second highest, Sporting Award) in 2012 by the President of India.
- In 2014, he was awarded with the Padma Shri Award
- In February 2014, he was honored with FICCI Most Inspiring Sportsperson of the Year Award.
- In August 2018 Power Brands awarded Yuvraj Singh the Bharatiya Manavata Vikas Puraskar for being an impact player on the field and off it, for demonstrating humility in greatness and for leading the charge in the battle against cancer, reinforcing the belief that together, YUWECAN!